port No. 1, Tables Relating to Population and Housing. Singapore: Government Printing Office, 1967. Tables pp. 78 and 99.
27. Consejo Superior Universitario Centroamericano, "Oferta y Demanda
Recursos Humanos en Centroamerica." Estudio de Recursos Humanos en Centroamerica, No. 6. San Jose: Univ. of Costa Rica, 1966.
28. "Education in Papua-New Guinea," Current Affairs Bulletin (Univ. of
Sydney), February 10, 1969.
29. Uganda Government, Ministry of Education, "Education Statistics
1966." Mimeo. p. 7.
30. Ghana Government, Education Statistics, 1967/68. Provisional, Mimeo.,
31. Cerych, L., "L'aide exterieure et la planification de 1'education en Cote-
d'lvoire." African Research Monographs, No. 12. Paris: UNESCO/HEP, 1967.
32. Zambia, Development Division, Office of the Vice-President, Zambian
Manpower. Lusaka: Government Printer, 1969. p. 45.
33. Hansen, W. Lee, "Human Capital Requirements for Educational Expan-
sion: Teacher Shortages and Teacher Supply," Education and Economic Development, C. Arnold Anderson and Mary Jean Bowman, eds. Chicago: Aldine Publishing Co., 1965. pp. 63-87.
34. "Review of Educational Progress in the Asian Region," Bulletin of the
UNESCO Regional Office for Education in Asia (Bangkok), September 1966. pp. 20-23.
35. Lewis, W. Arthur, "Education and Economic Development," Readings in
the Economics of Education. Paris: UNESCO, 1968. p. 137.
36. Toussi, Mohammed AH, Present Educational System in Iran. Tehran,
Iran: General Department of Planning and Studies, Ministry of Education, no date. pp. 33-44.
37. Burke, Meredith, and Gavin Jones, "The Demographic Obstacle to the
Attainment of Educational Goals," Population and Family Planning in the Republic of Korea. Seoul: Govt, Rep. of Korea, 1970. Vol. I, pp. 485-540.
38. Jones, Gavin W., and Jayati Mitra, "The Demographic Obstacle to the
Attainment of Educational Goals in Pakistan." New York: The Population Council, June 1969. Mimeo.
39. Jones, Gavin W., "The Demographic Obstacle to the Attainment of Edu-
cational Goals in Tropical Africa." Paper presented to the Conference on Population Growth and Economic Development in Africa, Nairobi, December 14-22, 1969.
40. Blitz, Rudolph C. "Education in the Writings of Malthus, Senior,
McCulloch and John Stuart Mill," Readings in the Economics of Education. Paris: UNESCO, 1968. pp. 40-49.
41. Freedman, Ronald, "Statement by the Moderator at Meeting A.I: Fertil-
ity," Proceedings of the World Population Conference Belgrade, 30 August-10 September, 1965, Vol. 1: Summary Report. New York: U.N. Dept. of Economic and Social Affairs. 1966. pp. 37, 48.re Sample Household Survey, 1966. Re-lihood that it could be operated successfully at the high school level, the level at which most of the students from poor families drop out.